Monday, October 10, 2005

Neon - RIP

Dodge is phasing out the Neon and I find that very depressing.

I’ve had a few cars in my lifetime but my favorite, bar none, was my 1997 Dodge Neon. It was the first new car I had ever bought and I loved it to death. It was so much fun to drive – featuring 150hp and it was made of plastic so it flew. Plus it had ridiculously fun quirks my friends and I joked about: a completely unnecessary spoiler that was so tall you couldn't see what was behind you, a “power budge hood” (I’m serious. That’s what Dodge called it.) featuring a sticker that said "DOHC 2.0" in an aggressive font, fog lights my then-girlfriend yelled at me constantly about because I refused to turn them off (fog lights are cool people!) and a bizzare “tango” style interior.

Sadly, I was involved in a car wreck on the highway and it was totaled. It was tough though – I was sandwiched between and SUV and a full-size Taurus that was going 40+ mph – and I walked away with only minor injuries.

I like my VW but I still miss that car. Thanks for the memories Neon.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home